- untitled (Chelsea)
Conté crayon on paper
- Angel of Roadside Repairs (detail)
Watercolor pencil and gouache on paper
- untitled (Maggie)
Digital drawing from an original photo
As soon as I try to be a particular thing, I’m not that thing.
“What do you do?” Just as with some questions the answer isn’t “no” unless you ask, to this question the answer isn’t unknown unless I speak it.
It’s Sun-square-Neptune all over again, perfectly expressed.
The English language is made of knives.
A few of my favorite place pics from the last several years.
- Al Sabo Land Preserve southwest of Kalamazoo, Michigan.
- Outside a shop on U.S. Highway 2 near the southern shore of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.
- The view eastward from Milwaukee Art Museum’s lobby. Tricky lighting conditions like these surely are why Apple put a “Reduce shadows” slider in the Preview app.
- A view toward Canada from Amtrak’s Empire Builder, somewhere on the northern U.S. plains.
- Tamaracks Resort at Seeley Lake, Montana.
- A little frozen mystery, twilit and lamplit, outside our local Asian grocery store. I plant it here for luck.