I feel like making an offer:
You and I can use all the inspiration we can get. A request from you will inspire me, and the note or drawing (or both) that I create in response may serve to inspire you as well.
So for each self-addressed envelope that I receive from you containing sufficient return postage, I will mail you handwritten note, a small drawing, or both, depending on my mood and interests. We’re talking about probably U.S. letter-size paper, ballpoint or gel-ink pen, but I may choose another size and/or material — finding out what you get is part of the fun.
Since this can go sideways in at least a couple of directions, here are some guidelines:
- I can’t and won’t guarantee that what you get will be suitable for all audiences — including you. If you include a legible note indicating what sort of content you think will suit your purposes (ranging anywhere from, say, safe for toddlers to dangerous for adults), I’ll try to oblige.
- Further on the topic of requests: A few words about what’s on your mind can really help me here.
- Even further about requests: I’ll probably ignore (or at least twist) any very specific request regarding style and content. For instance, I don’t copy from photos — not Clint Eastwood or other famous persons, and not your dog or grandpa or child or house.
- If what I come up with is good stuff, I may post it here, and maybe even keep or sell the original to someone else and send you a copy instead.
- Use the mailing address currently shown on my About page.
This offer has not been run past a lawyer, so I’d better make sure it has reasonable limits: You might get nothing from me, especially if a long time has passed since I posted this and interest from my audience has been low. Or if I move, or get sick, or become too busy being famous, or whatever. Or if you send more envelopes than I care to fill, or if I just don’t feel like doing it anymore. What you send becomes mine and I don’t have to return it; I might even post it here.
Let’s see what happens!